Volunteers are a huge part of what makes WordCamps classy. It’s a great way to give back to the WordPress community and also to get involved!
Benefits of being a volunteer include:
- Being an essential part of the running of a successful WordCamp
- Have the opportunity to meet speakers from all over the world
- Helping to support the local WordPress community
- Meet WordPress users and professionals from Southern California and beyond!
- Great way to make new contacts and meet others excited about WordPress
Tasks that you may find yourself doing include:
- Helping with registration – name badges, t-shirts
- Handing out swag
- Helping out at lunch time
- Helping speakers with anything they need
- Running audio/video in sessions, and/or helping with microphones during Q&A sessions
- Giving directions!
- Supporting the Help Desk/Happiness Bar
Please note, it is likely you will NOT be able to attend any speaker sessions (unless supporting speakers) or workshops on Saturday or Sunday. Please don’t apply if you simply wish to attend the WordCamp as an attendee, thanks!